Sunday, January 6, 2008

Prayers for Britney

My friend Rene and I were discussing the stand off between Britney Spears and Kevin Federline. In our discussion we came to some conclusions, and we feel that everyone is being way too harsh on Britney.

Think of it this way. She's been famous since she was a little girl. She grew up in the lime light where perfect happy people live. Always fighting to be skinny, perfect, happy, traveling non-stop to get to the next show/photoshoot/videoshoot/signing etc. She had a whirlwind marriage, gave birth less than 2 years apart, and a whirlwind divorce, all with photographers shoving cameras into her face and private places. Every breath she takes, move she makes, papparozzi is on her but like flies on crap. She's expected to always be perfect, yet when is she allowed to be human? When does the girl get a freaking break to cry, sleep, be a mom, a girl, a person? DO NOT tell me about all the mistakes she's made. I couldn't care less. We've ALL made mistakes. We're ALL not perfect, and we're fortunate to not have our every move plastered on video and film. I also don't want to hear about how it's "HER" choice. This is what she knows how to do...just like I know how to be an administrator. She's done this since she was a kid....no school, no training, it's not like she can say, "Okay, I'm done, I think I'll get a job as a waitress now." Just like I can't decide to just quit my job and go be an astronaut.

Oh, and as for the stand off....if you were to try to take my kids, there'd be a stand off there too! What mother would willingly go, "Okay, here you go." None that I know of.

So before you judge her, think about how it would be if your life was a constant battle with people invading your privacy, creating negative stories about you, taking pictures of you in your most intimate moments, and then posting them on the internet. Think of how you'd react if you were trying to live you life, and someone came up to you and said, "Sorry, you can't be a mom to your kids now." Mistakes are just that...mistakes. We've ALL made them.

What Britney needs right now is love, prayers, and thoughts. I'm imploring the media to back off, leave her alone, allow her time to get herself together. No matter what she's been through I still think she's one of the strongest people. I probably would have broke long before now. So, say a prayer for her, keep her in your thoughts.

No comments: